Ever heard the adage “A picture’s worth a thousand words?” A GIF must be worth at least five thousand words if that’s true. With a mouse click, GIFs can convey tone, emotion, and cultural competency.
So, of course, GIFs have become a mainstay of internet culture. You aren’t alone if you want to use these fun moving photos on your website. Animated GIFs are a great visual aid that can be added to help users understand and engage with your content. This leads to better conversion rates and SEO ranking for your site.
If you’re like us here at T&S and enjoy using WordPress, then learning how to insert animated GIFs into WordPress might be beneficial information for you.
WordPress is an incredible resource for “non-technical” people, but unfortunately, WordPress does not have a large blinking “insert GIF here” button.
Fortunately, there’s an embed feature that will work great! Here’s the process:
- Find a GIF you like on Giphy
- When you’re on the GIFs page, copy the URL at the top of the page, i.e. https://giphy.com/gifs/woman-laughing-laptop-w8a6CovuLmbPRpWibE
- Over in your WordPress backend, start a new page or new post
- Click the plus sign to add a new block, then select the Embed block
- Paste the link you copied, then click Embed
- Adjust the WordPress block settings as needed
Remember to ensure desktop and mobile device users can see the GIF clearly without any technical issues, as a non-working website will leave a bad impression on users.
T&S knows a thing or two about building a website our clients can be proud of. If you need to improve your website or social media presence but don’t know where to start, our team of experts is available to help. Reach out today if you want to take charge of your digital presence.