A lot can change in 10 years. I know in my house, there are way more smart speakers in 2022 than the zero we had in 2012. Amazon makes almost daily deliveries to us now, which was much rarer in 2012.
So, should you start a blog for your business or nonprofit in 2022? Or whatever year you’re reading this? Is blogging still a good digital marketing strategy for organizations?
The answer is… it depends.
There are many things you should think about when deciding whether or not to start a blog. For example, what is your budget? Do you have the time to commit to regularly writing and publishing new content? Should you outsource the work to a marketing agency? What are your goals for starting a blog?
If you’re unsure if starting a blog is right for you, consider these pros and cons.
Pros to blogging
- A blog can help you build thought leadership in your industry.
- A blog can be a great way to connect with potential customers and clients.
- A blog can help increase traffic to your website.
- A blog can be an effective tool for search engine optimization (SEO).
Cons to blogging
- A blog takes time and effort to maintain.
- You need to be prepared to commit to regularly publishing new content.
- A blog can be a great way to connect with potential customers and clients, but it can also be a way to lose them if you’re not careful.
Ultimately, whether or not to start a blog is completely your decision. If you have the time and resources to commit to it, creating a blog can be a great way to build thought leadership, connect with potential customers, and increase traffic to your website. However, if you’re not sure you can maintain a regular blogging schedule, it may be best to wait until later. Whichever you decide, make sure your goals are clearly defined from the start so that you can measure their success!
Need help blogging?
We offer several blogging services, including strategy, copywriting, editing, and email newsletters to deliver them. Reach out today if you’d like help with blogging.